YXS – the New Transpacific Logistics Alternative
The Prince George Airport (YXS) is positioned to become an important link in the emerging Northwest Logistics Corridor. North America’s newest container port at Prince Rupert, British Columbia is the westernmost end of a 1,000 kilometre corridor dedicated to logistics connecting to Prince George and points beyond. The Prince George Airport is focused on delivering World Class Service at savings that flow to a carrier’s bottom line.
The Prince George Airport (YXS) believes that in developing a partnership with carriers, its customers must see clear benefits in COST, SERVICE, and TIME. In order to achieve these business objectives, the airport and its world class partners for aircraft handling and fueling have made a commitment to reduce cost, deliver unsurpassed service, and turnaround aircraft in the fastest time possible.
For more information on Air Services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.963.2400.
- 24/7 operations
- No operational restrictions
- No noise restrictions
- No congestion = quick on-the-ground turnarounds
- Boeing Plant: accessible by truck 9 hours – by air 1.25 hours
- Better weather reliability than traditional technical stop alternatives
- Prince George has no volcanic or seismic disruptions
- Runway extension to 3,490 m (11,450 ft) is complete
- Strategically located on the ‘Great Circle’ routes between Asia and the United States
- World class partners for aircraft handling and fuelling – JetMark (PetroValue Products Canada Inc. and World Fuel Services) and Ron’s Aviation (Esso Fuels)
- Full aircraft ground support, up to Boeing 747, provided by Allied Aviation
- Close proximity to transcontinental railway (3 km)
- Road network connections linking to United States Interstate highways
- Highway and rail access to the international Port of Prince Rupert
- 1.5 days closer to Asia than any traditional shipping centre
- 1214 ha (3000 acres) available for development on airside and adjacent lands
- 2323 m2 (25,000 sqare foot) cargo warehouse complete and operational in November 2015