Prince George, BC— Traffic at the Prince George Airport (YXS) is expected to get a bit busier this weekend as students in the region begin their winter break.
In order to eliminate some stress this holiday season, the Prince George Airport Authority (PGAA) is offering passengers travel tips to get you to your destination faster.
“Passenger traffic increases significantly during the Christmas season right through to the second week of January” says PGAA Communications Manager, Lindsay Cotter. “Our biggest tip to holiday travellers is to arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight departs.”
The Prince George Airport has already started to see an increase in passengers this holiday season and the PGAA expects things to get busier the closer we get to December 25th. To make the experience more enjoyable for all, we are asking passengers to plan ahead by following these recommendations.
• Check the weather conditions in PG and at connecting airports and destinations, as poor conditions can significantly impact flight schedules. Check your airline’s website for the most up to date flight information.
• Check your airline’s website for baggage size, weight restrictions and costs associated with checking your bags.
• Place identification in both the inside and outside of your baggage. Be sure to check your bags to ensure prohibited items are not present. For more information visit the “Pack Smart” section of CATSA’s website (http://www.catsa.gc.ca/whatcanIbring)
• If you’re travelling with gifts, leave them unwrapped. They may be opened by Screening Officials for inspection.
• To minimize the risk of damage or loss, don’t pack fragile or valuable items in checked baggage. Take them with you in carry-on baggage, or ship them to your destination instead.
• If you are given the option, check in online; it will save you time. Most airlines offer this service 24 hours before the departure time of the flight.
Last December over 41,000 passengers flew in and out of the Prince George Airport.