Holiday Travel Tips
Posted: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
The Prince George Airport Authority (PGAA) is reminding air travelers to plan ahead this holiday season. Christmas is upon us and the PGAA expects heavy passenger volumes through to the New Year.
PGAA Marketing Manager, Lindsay Cotter, says “We want travelers to have a great experience at the airport, planning ahead and arriving early will help during this busy time of year. We are already experiencing a spike in traffic, so we are asking people to follow these recommendations to ensure a positive traveling experience.”
- Allow enough time to get to the airport at least 60 minutes before your flight time. If you’re parking your vehicle at YXS, allow for even more time.
- Check the weather conditions in PG and at connecting airports and destinations as poor conditions can significantly impact flight schedules. Check your airline’s website for the most up to date flight information.
- Check your airline’s website for baggage size and weight restrictions and costs associated with checking your baggage.
- Place identification in both the inside and outside of your baggage. Be sure to check your bags to ensure prohibited items are not present. For more information visit the “Pack Smart” section of CATSA’s website (http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/)
- If you’re traveling with gifts, leave them unwrapped. They may be opened by Screening Officials for inspection.
- To minimize the risk of damage or loss, don't pack fragile or valuable items in checked baggage. Take them with you in carry-on baggage, or ship them to your destination instead.
- If you are given the option, check in online; it will save you time. Most airlines offer this service 24 hours before the departure time of the flight.
Parking at YXS
- HOURLY (max. 2 hrs)
Accessible parking is available in designated stalls in hourly/daily/weekly parking areas.